Numerous local pubs included in The Good Pub Guide 2019
- Credit: Archant
Local pubs in the Sidmouth area have been selected as some of the finest in the land.
Pub lovers can take shelter at a number of local establishments after they were included in the top 5,000 for food and drink by The Good Pub Guide.
The pubs are inspected anonymously with a particular emphasis placed on how good the atmosphere is.
The Fountain Head, in Branscombe was included as one of the best pubs in Devon and recommended on account of its local beers and tasty, well priced food.
Nine other pubs were mentioned in the ‘also worth a visit’ section spreading across Sidmouth, Beer, Branscombe, Sidford and Ottery.
You may also want to watch:
There are four in Sidmouth, with the Anchor Inn, Bowd Inn, Dukes Inn and the Swan Inn included.
The Blue Ball in Sidford was praised for its pleasant, attentive service, popular bar food and good breakfasts.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
Visit www.goodpubguide.co.uk to see more and buy the book.