Government help Sidmouth's small businesses
SMALL firms in Sidmouth and East Devon are being urged to sign up to a website and take advantage of the thousands of Government contracts available. Suppliers who have signed up to the site, which provides an up to the minute database of Government cont
SMALL firms in Sidmouth and East Devon are being urged to sign up to a website and take advantage of the thousands of Government contracts available.
Suppliers who have signed up to the site, which provides an up to the minute database of Government contracts for small businesses wishing to supply to the public sector, receive advice on how best to access government contracts and a free daily email alert notifying them of new opportunities that are relevant to their business.
To date, more than 108,000 contract opportunities have been advertised through the Supply2.gov.uk portal with an average of 3,500 new opportunities per month - around seven per cent of the opportunities have been in the South West.
Regional Minister for the South West, Ben Bradshaw, said:
You may also want to watch:
"It is vital that we actively help small and medium sized companies take advantage of these business opportunities. In the current economic climate this is more important than ever."
For further information or to register for the service for free, please visit http://www.supply2.gov.uk.
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 5 Sidmouth poised for a title push
- 6 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 7 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 8 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 9 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 10 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays