Ottery’s six-year-old Gracie gets hair chopped for charity
- Credit: Archant
A six-year-old fundraiser is fast on her way to reaching her final target after having 10 inches of her hair cut off for charity.
Kind-hearted Gracie Parkyn wanted to donate her hair to the Little Princess Trust which gives free wigs to youngsters who have lost their hair due to illness.
The school girl is just under £100 short of her £350 target, which is the cost of making one wig.
Gracie had her hair cut at Cutting Edge Hair Salon in Ottery last Thursday.
Her mum Lisa said: “It’s been an amazing experience for her, teaching her how you can make a difference.
You may also want to watch:
“People are coming up to her and saying ‘well done Gracie’ and ‘what a thoughtful and kind girl you are’.
“She loves her hair, she didn’t cry she was absolutely fine with it. I’m very proud of her.”
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 4 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 5 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 9 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
To donate to Gracie’s fundraising visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/graciesbigchop