Ottery’s six-year-old Gracie gets hair chopped for charity
- Credit: Archant
A six-year-old fundraiser is fast on her way to reaching her final target after having 10 inches of her hair cut off for charity.
Kind-hearted Gracie Parkyn wanted to donate her hair to the Little Princess Trust which gives free wigs to youngsters who have lost their hair due to illness.
The school girl is just under £100 short of her £350 target, which is the cost of making one wig.
Gracie had her hair cut at Cutting Edge Hair Salon in Ottery last Thursday.
Her mum Lisa said: “It’s been an amazing experience for her, teaching her how you can make a difference.
You may also want to watch:
“People are coming up to her and saying ‘well done Gracie’ and ‘what a thoughtful and kind girl you are’.
“She loves her hair, she didn’t cry she was absolutely fine with it. I’m very proud of her.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
To donate to Gracie’s fundraising visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/graciesbigchop