Grant boosts Sidmouth’s Stowford Centre fund
Keith Owen Fund (SVA) gives up to �6,000 to aid furbishing of new community centre
A GRANT of up to �6,000 has been offered to Stowford Community Centre Association.
The Keith Owen Fund (Sid Vale Association) has made the grant as a contribution towards the cost of equipping the new centre, currently under construction.
The association first applied to the Fund last year and was asked to re-apply once building work had begun.
Fundraising chairman Jan Jones said: “We are thrilled. It is such a great amount and we are very grateful.
You may also want to watch:
“It will make a big difference and will be used for equipping the kitchen and things not covered by Making it Local.
Handel Bennett, chairman of the Sid Vale Association, said SVA was “very pleased to see Stowford Community Centre is nearing completion.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
“This will be a valuable means of supporting the community that lives around the centre. The kitchen will be a useful asset for meeting catering needs...we wish the Stowford Community Centre every success.”
Similar voluntary and charitable organisations can apply for project funding. See www.sidvaleassociation.org.uk.
*Jan still needs more good quality jumble items to sell at the next fundraiser at St Francis church hall from 10am to noon on Saturday, April 9. Items can be delivered to 43 Bakers Close or call (01395) 579195 or 07536071348 if you need it collecting.