Grant boosts Sidmouth’s Stowford Centre fund
Keith Owen Fund (SVA) gives up to �6,000 to aid furbishing of new community centre
A GRANT of up to �6,000 has been offered to Stowford Community Centre Association.
The Keith Owen Fund (Sid Vale Association) has made the grant as a contribution towards the cost of equipping the new centre, currently under construction.
The association first applied to the Fund last year and was asked to re-apply once building work had begun.
Fundraising chairman Jan Jones said: “We are thrilled. It is such a great amount and we are very grateful.
You may also want to watch:
“It will make a big difference and will be used for equipping the kitchen and things not covered by Making it Local.
Handel Bennett, chairman of the Sid Vale Association, said SVA was “very pleased to see Stowford Community Centre is nearing completion.
- 1 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 2 Be prepared! Plan for uncertain months ahead
- 3 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 4 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 5 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth
- 6 Tories' approach to councillor checks could fuel hysteria
- 7 Sidmouth’s Antony Hall secures 2nd with 7+ hours of running
- 8 Stay positive and hope staycations are here to stay
- 9 So much to enjoy on our doorstep... despite the crowds
- 10 Archbishop of Canterbury to join Patteson celebrations
“This will be a valuable means of supporting the community that lives around the centre. The kitchen will be a useful asset for meeting catering needs...we wish the Stowford Community Centre every success.”
Similar voluntary and charitable organisations can apply for project funding. See www.sidvaleassociation.org.uk.
*Jan still needs more good quality jumble items to sell at the next fundraiser at St Francis church hall from 10am to noon on Saturday, April 9. Items can be delivered to 43 Bakers Close or call (01395) 579195 or 07536071348 if you need it collecting.