Grant lands new toys for toddler group
- Credit: Archant
All Saints Toddler Group has landed a grant of £2,150 to spend on brand-new toys and equipment.
The funding has come from the Sid Vale Association’s Keith Owen Fund.
The Reverend Handel Bennett was pleased to hand a cheque to leaders Jenna Van Jaarfeld and Helen Barrett to buy the best equipment to help tots play and mix with other children, taking their first steps to a life in the community.
Jenna thanked the SVA for its help in getting started.
The group meets in All Saints Church Hall every Tuesday on term time, from 10am to 11.30am.
You may also want to watch:
Helen added: “The group has proved both popular, and successful. It is intended for families with babies and pre-school children in the Sid Valley, to provide a welcoming environment where children, their parents, grandparents and carers, can receive support and have fun.”
The group has introduced a free lending library has been started along with a recycling toy exchange. Mr Bennett said how pleased he was that the group had been such a success.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 5 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Peninsula League season could be over
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
He also reminded others that the Keith Owen Fund is always seeking similar opportunities where voluntary groups can change hopes into reality.
To apply for funding, go to www.sidvaleassociation.org.uk.