Grant lands new toys for toddler group
- Credit: Archant
All Saints Toddler Group has landed a grant of £2,150 to spend on brand-new toys and equipment.
The funding has come from the Sid Vale Association’s Keith Owen Fund.
The Reverend Handel Bennett was pleased to hand a cheque to leaders Jenna Van Jaarfeld and Helen Barrett to buy the best equipment to help tots play and mix with other children, taking their first steps to a life in the community.
Jenna thanked the SVA for its help in getting started.
The group meets in All Saints Church Hall every Tuesday on term time, from 10am to 11.30am.
Helen added: “The group has proved both popular, and successful. It is intended for families with babies and pre-school children in the Sid Valley, to provide a welcoming environment where children, their parents, grandparents and carers, can receive support and have fun.”
The group has introduced a free lending library has been started along with a recycling toy exchange. Mr Bennett said how pleased he was that the group had been such a success.
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 3 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 4 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 5 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 6 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 7 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 8 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 9 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
He also reminded others that the Keith Owen Fund is always seeking similar opportunities where voluntary groups can change hopes into reality.
To apply for funding, go to www.sidvaleassociation.org.uk.