Grant requests considered by Ottery councillors
FOR the first time in 20 years Alfington residents have asked for a grant to improve facilities at its village hall kitchen. On Monday Ottery St Mary Town Council s grants and buildings committee recommended a grant of £1,500 be made to Alfington Paroch
FOR the first time in 20 years Alfington residents have asked for a grant to improve facilities at its village hall kitchen.
On Monday Ottery St Mary Town Council's grants and buildings committee recommended a grant of £1,500 be made to Alfington Parochial Church Council to help with refurbishment works.
It was among a number of grant applications considered, all of which will be considered for approval at the council's monthly meeting on Monday, December 1.
Others recommended were: Ottery & District Men's Forum £100; OSM & District Help Scheme £350; Tipton St John Community Hall Trust £850; Out and About £200.
You may also want to watch:
Vision OM £200; OSM & District Later Life Forum £230; Ottregians Over 60s Club £100; Ottery in Bloom Committee £250; OSM Twinning Association £150; OSM Heritage Society £250; Community and Environmental Arts Ltd £100 and OSM joint Guide and Scout Committee (Pixie Day) £400.
Grants were not recommended for Honiton & District Ring and Ride (TRIP) because it was felt not enough residents benefited from the service.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 7 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Debut in the Dartmoor League
The committee felt a new organisation, Happy Days, should be asked to reapply for a grant after becoming established.
A grant request from Coleridge Pre-School Playgroup was deferred for more information.