Grant to improve West Hill Primary School’s outdoor facilities
- Credit: Archant
West Hill Primary School’s outdoor spaces are set for a £1,000 overhaul thanks to a grant from the parish council.
Headteacher Cheryl Boulton said the school will be able to make ‘significant improvements’ to its Mediterranean garden and forest school, which is used by it classes throughout the week.
The money will be used to replace the railings leading into the garden, update the wooden seating, replace the trellis and install new seating in the storytelling area of the forest school.
Scott Massie, chairman of the PTFA, and Mrs Boulton attended a parish council meeting to accept the grant.
Mrs Boulton said: “Through forest school the children benefit in learning outdoors about their environment and learn a variety of life skills, such as building shelters, cooking in the mud kitchen as well as playing games in a safe and friendly space.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to thank Amanda Townsend for submitting the bid and the parish council for awarding us this money.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC