Grants considered for Ottery St Mary groups and other news
Ottery Town Council will be deciding on which local groups will receive grants for the next year at a meeting on Monday. Read this and more.
FISH PASS: The district council has approved plans to put in a fish pass in Tipton to help them swim upstream on the River Otter.
A similar scheme at Head Weir was approved earlier this year and the new larinier baffle pass at the weir north of Tipton Roller Mills, developed in association with the Environment Agency, is hoped to encourage fish spawning on the river.
CHURCH CHRISTMAS MARKET: Ottery Mary Parish Church is hosting a Christmas Market at The Institute, Yonder Street, on Saturday, November 24 from 10am.
You may also want to watch:
COUNCIL: Ottery Town Council will be deciding on which local groups will receive grants for the next year at a meeting on Monday. The finance and general purposes committee meets at the Old Convent from 7.30pm, and will discuss which of the applicants for funding will receive money at the 2013 annual parish meeting.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 5 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 6 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 7 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 8 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom