Grants considered for Ottery St Mary groups and other news
Ottery Town Council will be deciding on which local groups will receive grants for the next year at a meeting on Monday. Read this and more.
FISH PASS: The district council has approved plans to put in a fish pass in Tipton to help them swim upstream on the River Otter.
A similar scheme at Head Weir was approved earlier this year and the new larinier baffle pass at the weir north of Tipton Roller Mills, developed in association with the Environment Agency, is hoped to encourage fish spawning on the river.
CHURCH CHRISTMAS MARKET: Ottery Mary Parish Church is hosting a Christmas Market at The Institute, Yonder Street, on Saturday, November 24 from 10am.
You may also want to watch:
COUNCIL: Ottery Town Council will be deciding on which local groups will receive grants for the next year at a meeting on Monday. The finance and general purposes committee meets at the Old Convent from 7.30pm, and will discuss which of the applicants for funding will receive money at the 2013 annual parish meeting.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 8 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge