Green Flag again for Sidmouth’s Connaught Gardens
Seventh consecutive year for Green Flag Award at Sidmouth’s Connaught Gardens
JEWEL in the crown Connaught Gardens in Sidmouth and Exmouth’s Manor Gardens, are officially among the best in the country.
Both have again received the prestigious Green Flag Award, a sign to visitors the gardens are well-maintained and well-managed high quality green spaces, with excellent facilities. It’s the seventh year in a row for Sidmouth, while Exmouth has now won the award six times consecutively.
This year a record 1,288 parks and green spaces will fly either the Green Flag or Community Award, a sign that the value of green space is widely acknowledged as vital to our communities.
Councillor Iain Chubb, EDDC’s cabinet member for the environment, said: “I’m truly proud of the gardening staff who work so hard in all weathers to provide our towns with the kind of gardens and floral displays that give East Devon the wow factor.
You may also want to watch:
“To continue winning this prestigious award against a backdrop of reduced funding is indeed an impressive achievement.”
Phil Barton, Green Flag plus partnership chairman, said: “I would like to congratulate this year’s winners, who have worked hard throughout the year to keep their parks and green spaces at a high standard and ensure they are pleasant and enjoyable spaces for the whole community.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
“The Green Flag Award Scheme, and its growth, is essential in driving up the standards of our parks and green spaces. In these challenging financial times it is heartening that the number of Green Flag Awards continue to grow.
“As the value of green space and the role it plays in our communities strengthens, we must ensure these high standards remain.”
All award-winning sites now have the chance to receive a further award, the People’s Choice Award, which is voted for by the public.
To register your vote, visit the Green Flag Award website.