Grievous bodily harm reported in Sidmouth and other news
- Credit: Getty Images/Brand X
An act of arson and another of grievous bodily harm were among 30 crimes recorded in the area last month. Read this and more.
CRIME TALLY: An act of arson and another of grievous bodily harm were among 30 crimes recorded in Sidmouth, Sidford, Sidbury and Newton Poppleford last month.
Police say four common assaults, thefts from motor vehicles, criminal damage and a drugs offence also made up the tally for December along with one drunk and disorderly offence.
PC Jim Tyrrell said the number of offences would have “gone down a bit” when compared to the same period in 2011.
An act of shoplifting was also dealt with by officers.
You may also want to watch:
WOUNDING ALLEGATION: A 21-year-old Sidmouth man was committed to Exeter Crown Court this week to face a charge of wounding with intent.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
Duane O’Connor, of Manstone Avenue, is alleged to have committed the offence in the town on December 16 last year.
He appeared in front of magistrates sitting in Exeter on Tuesday, and was given conditional bail ahead of an appearance at crown court on January 22.
DEVON TALK: The Devonshire Association is holding a talk in Sidmouth in the Hatton room of Kennaway House today (Friday) at 2.30pm.
Speaker is Alan Rosevar will talk about ‘Turnpikes in Devon’.
All are welcome to attend.
For details on membership contact Marion Minards-Gammell on 01404 823535.