Grizzly run to help donkeys
A FEARLESS Donkey Sanctuary staff member will be braving treacherous terrain when he runs this year s Grizzly in aid of the charity. Ben Hart, of Colyton, the sanctuary s donkey care training manager, took up the placement given to the charity by The Griz
A FEARLESS Donkey Sanctuary staff member will be braving treacherous terrain when he runs this year's Grizzly in aid of the charity.
Ben Hart, of Colyton, the sanctuary's donkey care training manager, took up the placement given to the charity by The Grizzly organisers, Axe Valley Runners.
He has now just four weeks remaining to prepare for the renowned twenty mile multi-terrain race.
Ben said: "Having recently visited Egypt with the Sanctuary to see our project at Giza, I realise this would be an opportunity to perhaps put something back, more than just working for the Sanctuary but raising awareness and funds.
You may also want to watch:
"I feel that I will be walking the talk ... trying to make a difference and doing some suffering of my own."
Ben hopes family, friends and work colleagues will help him raise sponsorship for the sanctuary.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
He added: "People could help me by visiting my Justgiving website and pledging just a small amount."
The funds raised by Ben will go towards the charity's new Sanctuary from Suffering campaign, which launches at the end of February.
This aims to improve people's awareness of the Sanctuary's work in developing countries and help ease the suffering of working donkeys.
Dawn Vincent, The Donkey Sanctuary's press officer, says: "We are extremely grateful to Ben for running the Grizzly in aid of our Sanctuary from Suffering campaign."
To sponsor Ben please call (01395) 578222 or visit his special fundraising website at: http://www.justgiving.com/grizzly2009.