Grizzly Run warning
POLICE are warning drivers in Beer and Branscombe of some road closures on Sunday due to the annual Grizzly Run. In Seaton the Esplanade will be closed from 9am-4pm, Castle Hill from 9am-11am and Marine Place from 9am-11am. The course then takes the runne
POLICE are warning drivers in Beer and Branscombe of some road closures on Sunday due to the annual Grizzly Run.
In Seaton the Esplanade will be closed from 9am-4pm, Castle Hill from 9am-11am and Marine Place from 9am-11am.
The course then takes the runners from Seaton towards Beer, which may cause traffic congestion from 10.45-11.30am.
This area will be monitored by the local police, who will be working with and supporting the race marshals.
In Branscombe a one way system will be in place.
If exiting the village towards the Fountain Head pub, the traffic will be diverted left towards Berry Barton and then out towards the A3052.
- 1 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 2 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 3 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 4 Support partnership shows looking after town's library is no 'fools' errand...
- 5 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 6 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 7 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 8 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 9 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 10 Heather Spratt - the unsung hero of the heathland
Vehicles entering Branscombe are advised to go past the Donkey Sanctuary and the one way will system with take them down into the village.
This year's course is due to use the lanes and roads of all three locations and the police are asking drivers to travel with care.
PC Roy Hutter, of Seaton Police, said: "This event is a large event and spectators travel for a considerable distance to support friends and family.
"Your patience is gratefully appreciated and the runners will appreciate your support, through what is a gruelling test of fitness, mental attitude and determination.