Grizzly Run warning
POLICE are warning drivers in Beer and Branscombe of some road closures on Sunday due to the annual Grizzly Run. In Seaton the Esplanade will be closed from 9am-4pm, Castle Hill from 9am-11am and Marine Place from 9am-11am. The course then takes the runne
POLICE are warning drivers in Beer and Branscombe of some road closures on Sunday due to the annual Grizzly Run.
In Seaton the Esplanade will be closed from 9am-4pm, Castle Hill from 9am-11am and Marine Place from 9am-11am.
The course then takes the runners from Seaton towards Beer, which may cause traffic congestion from 10.45-11.30am.
This area will be monitored by the local police, who will be working with and supporting the race marshals.
You may also want to watch:
In Branscombe a one way system will be in place.
If exiting the village towards the Fountain Head pub, the traffic will be diverted left towards Berry Barton and then out towards the A3052.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 4 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Woman flown to hospital after fall
Vehicles entering Branscombe are advised to go past the Donkey Sanctuary and the one way will system with take them down into the village.
This year's course is due to use the lanes and roads of all three locations and the police are asking drivers to travel with care.
PC Roy Hutter, of Seaton Police, said: "This event is a large event and spectators travel for a considerable distance to support friends and family.
"Your patience is gratefully appreciated and the runners will appreciate your support, through what is a gruelling test of fitness, mental attitude and determination.