Grizzly Run warning
POLICE are warning drivers in Beer and Branscombe of some road closures on Sunday due to the annual Grizzly Run. In Seaton the Esplanade will be closed from 9am-4pm, Castle Hill from 9am-11am and Marine Place from 9am-11am. The course then takes the runne
POLICE are warning drivers in Beer and Branscombe of some road closures on Sunday due to the annual Grizzly Run.
In Seaton the Esplanade will be closed from 9am-4pm, Castle Hill from 9am-11am and Marine Place from 9am-11am.
The course then takes the runners from Seaton towards Beer, which may cause traffic congestion from 10.45-11.30am.
This area will be monitored by the local police, who will be working with and supporting the race marshals.
You may also want to watch:
In Branscombe a one way system will be in place.
If exiting the village towards the Fountain Head pub, the traffic will be diverted left towards Berry Barton and then out towards the A3052.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
Vehicles entering Branscombe are advised to go past the Donkey Sanctuary and the one way will system with take them down into the village.
This year's course is due to use the lanes and roads of all three locations and the police are asking drivers to travel with care.
PC Roy Hutter, of Seaton Police, said: "This event is a large event and spectators travel for a considerable distance to support friends and family.
"Your patience is gratefully appreciated and the runners will appreciate your support, through what is a gruelling test of fitness, mental attitude and determination.