Callout after tumble dryer fire in Sidmouth flat

PUBLISHED: 10:44 11 October 2018

Sidmouth Fire Station in Woolbrook Road

Sidmouth Fire Station in Woolbrook Road

Archant

A resident suffered smoke inhalation following an accidental tumble dryer fire in a block of flats in Sidmouth.

Sidmouth Fire Station sent two engines to Tully Gardens after reports of a blaze within a ground floor flat at 9pm on Wednesday night (October 11).

A fire service spokesman said the fire originated from within a tumble dryer and upon arrival firefighters confirmed all residents were accounted for.

The crews also requested an ambulance after an occupant suffering from smoke inhalation. The resident was not taken to hospital following checks by paramedics.

The crews tackled the blaze with a single hose reel jet and breathing apparatus.

The tumble dryer was removed and a positive pressure ventilation fan used to disperse lingering smoke and fumes from the premises.

The cause of the fire was deemed accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Sidmouth Herald