Callout after tumble dryer fire in Sidmouth flat
- Credit: Archant
A resident suffered smoke inhalation following an accidental tumble dryer fire in a block of flats in Sidmouth.
Sidmouth Fire Station sent two engines to Tully Gardens after reports of a blaze within a ground floor flat at 9pm on Wednesday night (October 11).
A fire service spokesman said the fire originated from within a tumble dryer and upon arrival firefighters confirmed all residents were accounted for.
The crews also requested an ambulance after an occupant suffering from smoke inhalation. The resident was not taken to hospital following checks by paramedics.
The crews tackled the blaze with a single hose reel jet and breathing apparatus.
You may also want to watch:
The tumble dryer was removed and a positive pressure ventilation fan used to disperse lingering smoke and fumes from the premises.
The cause of the fire was deemed accidental.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal