Group puts appeal In the Picture to raise £1,158
- Credit: Archant
A picture-perfect charity exhibition by local artists has added £1,158 to the Admiral Nurse appeal’s coffers.
More than 40 members of the In The Picture group displayed their work at Kennaway House for a two-day event on March 18 and 19.
The group, which is made up of artists from Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary, meets at the guide hut in Lawn Vista and holds an annual exhibition to raise money for local charities.
Leader Trudi Longmire said: “We raised just a little bit less last year. I do not know why, but maybe because its a very local charity that is on everybody’s minds at the moment.
“They are really having a push for an Admiral Nurse and there are lots and lots of people doing things for it.”
You may also want to watch:
The total includes proceeds from a tombola, cake and coffee and a part of the artists’ commissions.
Trudi added: “It went very well. It was quite steady - we did very well on the tombola and the cakes and coffee went very well.”
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution