Group puts appeal In the Picture to raise £1,158
- Credit: Archant
A picture-perfect charity exhibition by local artists has added £1,158 to the Admiral Nurse appeal’s coffers.
More than 40 members of the In The Picture group displayed their work at Kennaway House for a two-day event on March 18 and 19.
The group, which is made up of artists from Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary, meets at the guide hut in Lawn Vista and holds an annual exhibition to raise money for local charities.
Leader Trudi Longmire said: “We raised just a little bit less last year. I do not know why, but maybe because its a very local charity that is on everybody’s minds at the moment.
“They are really having a push for an Admiral Nurse and there are lots and lots of people doing things for it.”
You may also want to watch:
The total includes proceeds from a tombola, cake and coffee and a part of the artists’ commissions.
Trudi added: “It went very well. It was quite steady - we did very well on the tombola and the cakes and coffee went very well.”
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown