Group seeks LDF freeze
AN East Devon campaign group has called for an immediate halt on planning decisions which use the Local Development Framework (LDF), until a final version is agreed. Communities Before Developers (CBD) has made the request following East Devon District Council’s announcement that it is to conduct a review of its draft LDF.
The revised version is expected to contain lower housing numbers and far less employment land provision.The three-month consultation on the document finished at the end of November. It was widely rejected by residents and organisations such as Devon County Council and the RSPB.
DCC has indicated that if the document was not revised, it could be deemed unsound and EDDC could be forced to start the LDF process from scratch, which could take up to three years.
CBD campaigner Claire Wright said: “Now EDDC has publicly rejected the LDF, it surely cannot be possible for planning officers and councillors to use it to approve further applications.
“We will be writing to chief executive Mark Williams seeking assurance that the LDF will be withdrawn and no longer used in determining applications, until the Government Planning Officer has confirmed a revised version.”
You may also want to watch:
CBD is also seeking a review of two planning applications that were approved using the LDF as “emerging policy”.
Campaigner Jonathan Underwood said: “Applications for Cloakham Lawns in Axminster, and Westclyst were approved using the LDF, despite the case planning officer admitting the document carried limited weight. Now EDDC has declared the draft LDF cannot become planning policy, it is clear these applications were approved on spurious grounds and should be revoked.”
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary