Growing Places fund will boost East Devon economy
East Devon MP says �500 million national fund will “improve the lives of residents”
EAST Devon MP Hugo Swire welcomes a �500 million national fund to boost the local economy in East Devon.
The �500 million Growing Places Fund aims to revive stalled building projects and create new jobs in the area.
The Local Enterprise Partnership, made up of people and businesses who know the local area best, will decide where the money will be spent.
The Heart of the South West LEP has received just over �14 million.
You may also want to watch:
MP Hugo Swire says: “It will unlock much-needed local infrastructure and get the homes we need built. It will improve the lives of the local residents in East Devon.”
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 4 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 8 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance