Growing Places fund will boost East Devon economy
East Devon MP says �500 million national fund will “improve the lives of residents”
EAST Devon MP Hugo Swire welcomes a �500 million national fund to boost the local economy in East Devon.
The �500 million Growing Places Fund aims to revive stalled building projects and create new jobs in the area.
The Local Enterprise Partnership, made up of people and businesses who know the local area best, will decide where the money will be spent.
The Heart of the South West LEP has received just over �14 million.
You may also want to watch:
MP Hugo Swire says: “It will unlock much-needed local infrastructure and get the homes we need built. It will improve the lives of the local residents in East Devon.”
- 1 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 2 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 3 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 10 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens