Guest trombonist joins Pete Allen band at Kennaway House concert
- Credit: Archant
Final concert at Kennaway House as Jazz in the Afternoon moves to a new venue
Trombonist Roger Marks joins Pete Allen’s Hot Seven at Kennaway House this Sunday.
Roger is well known in the Westcountry and has his own bands, the Cornish Armada and the smaller, more intimate Brass Farthings.
He and Pete first met when they both played in Rod Mason’s band more than 40 years ago, and they now co-lead the six-strong Elite Jazzmen.
This will be Pete’s last Jazz in the Afternoon performance at Kennaway House; his first was back in January 2010. Now he and his band are moving on, and from October they will be playing in the Music Room at the Sidholme Hotel.
You may also want to watch:
A jazz weekend will be held there from Friday, October 26 to Sunday, October 28, to celebrate Pete’s 40 years as a bandleader, and the regular Sunday concerts will continue at this new venue from that date.
For further information: peteallenjazz.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 8 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
This Sunday’s show will start at 3pm, doors will open at 2pm and admission will be £15.