Guest trombonist joins Pete Allen band at Kennaway House concert
- Credit: Archant
Final concert at Kennaway House as Jazz in the Afternoon moves to a new venue
Trombonist Roger Marks joins Pete Allen’s Hot Seven at Kennaway House this Sunday.
Roger is well known in the Westcountry and has his own bands, the Cornish Armada and the smaller, more intimate Brass Farthings.
He and Pete first met when they both played in Rod Mason’s band more than 40 years ago, and they now co-lead the six-strong Elite Jazzmen.
This will be Pete’s last Jazz in the Afternoon performance at Kennaway House; his first was back in January 2010. Now he and his band are moving on, and from October they will be playing in the Music Room at the Sidholme Hotel.
You may also want to watch:
A jazz weekend will be held there from Friday, October 26 to Sunday, October 28, to celebrate Pete’s 40 years as a bandleader, and the regular Sunday concerts will continue at this new venue from that date.
For further information: peteallenjazz.com or email email@example.com
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
This Sunday’s show will start at 3pm, doors will open at 2pm and admission will be £15.