Gull in a flap

PUBLISHED: 18:28 22 May 2009 | UPDATED: 09:12 18 June 2010

FIREFIGHTERS helped a seagull to safety after it got stuck on top of a building in Sidmouth last week. A fire crew was called to Cotmaton House on Cotmaton Road on Thursday (May 14) at around 1.30pm after reports that the gull was trapped in wiring. A lad

FIREFIGHTERS helped a seagull to safety after it got stuck on top of a building in Sidmouth last week. A fire crew was called to Cotmaton House on Cotmaton Road on Thursday (May 14) at around 1.30pm after reports that the gull was trapped in wiring. A ladder was used by the crew to retrieve the seagull and it was left in the car of the RSPCA.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Sidmouth Herald