Hairdressers smash fundraising target for donkeys
- Credit: Archant
A pair of hairdressers smashed their fundraising target after running the London Marathon to generate more than £2,000 in donations for The Donkey Sanctuary in Sidmouth.
Adele Foxwell and Sue Campbell, from Seaton, completed the feat together after four hours and twelve minutes.
Through hosting various fundraisers and race donation pledges, the two ladies’ efforts raised £2,303.60 for the sanctuary, which helps donkeys and mules across the world.
Adele said: “It was such a brilliant day and we are so proud. It’s something we’ve always wanted to do.
“We are glad we were able to help The Donkey Sanctuary because they are a local charity and they help local children as well as worldwide – so they deserve our support.”
You may also want to watch:
Dawn Vincent from The Donkey Sanctuary said: “We are really grateful to people like Adele and Sue who put in so much time and effort to raise money for the sanctuary.
“We also thank their friends, family and local businesses for getting behind their quest to raise funds for our cause.”
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 4 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 5 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 9 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect