Hairdressers smash fundraising target for donkeys
- Credit: Archant
A pair of hairdressers smashed their fundraising target after running the London Marathon to generate more than £2,000 in donations for The Donkey Sanctuary in Sidmouth.
Adele Foxwell and Sue Campbell, from Seaton, completed the feat together after four hours and twelve minutes.
Through hosting various fundraisers and race donation pledges, the two ladies’ efforts raised £2,303.60 for the sanctuary, which helps donkeys and mules across the world.
Adele said: “It was such a brilliant day and we are so proud. It’s something we’ve always wanted to do.
“We are glad we were able to help The Donkey Sanctuary because they are a local charity and they help local children as well as worldwide – so they deserve our support.”
You may also want to watch:
Dawn Vincent from The Donkey Sanctuary said: “We are really grateful to people like Adele and Sue who put in so much time and effort to raise money for the sanctuary.
“We also thank their friends, family and local businesses for getting behind their quest to raise funds for our cause.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 9 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other
- 10 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member