Half term Donkey Sanctuary activities
NEXT week during school half-term, the Sidmouth-based Donkey Sanctuary will be holding Jurassic-themed holiday workshops for children and donkey grooming/walking sessions for visitors. 16th February – Grooming and Walking 17th February – Jurassic Worksh
NEXT week during school half-term, the Sidmouth-based Donkey Sanctuary will be holding Jurassic-themed holiday workshops for children and donkey grooming/walking sessions for visitors.
16th February - Grooming and Walking
17th February - Jurassic Workshop
18th February - Jurassic Workshop
You may also want to watch:
19th February - Grooming and Walking
Jurassic Workshops will be held from 10.30am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 3.30pm. No booking is required; however, there is a nominal fee of �3 per child (�2.50 for two or more children). The Jurassic-themed workshops include making dinosaurs, face painting and story telling. Also, to celebrate the charity's Sanctuary from Suffering campaign which launches at the end of February, children are invited to stitch a button onto a new mural - staff believe it will take much of the year to complete.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
Donkey grooming and walking sessions will be held from 10.30 am to 12.00 pm and 1.30 pm to 3.00 pm. The grooming and walking sessions cost �2 per person, �1.50 for 2 or more, �5 for a family.
Jan Aherne who has organised these activities said: "We're really looking forward to a welcoming plenty of children to our workshops during half-term. They are really hands-on and will help children learn more about donkeys whilst having great fun!