Half term Donkey Sanctuary activities
NEXT week during school half-term, the Sidmouth-based Donkey Sanctuary will be holding Jurassic-themed holiday workshops for children and donkey grooming/walking sessions for visitors. 16th February – Grooming and Walking 17th February – Jurassic Worksh
NEXT week during school half-term, the Sidmouth-based Donkey Sanctuary will be holding Jurassic-themed holiday workshops for children and donkey grooming/walking sessions for visitors.
16th February - Grooming and Walking
17th February - Jurassic Workshop
18th February - Jurassic Workshop
19th February - Grooming and Walking
Jurassic Workshops will be held from 10.30am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 3.30pm. No booking is required; however, there is a nominal fee of �3 per child (�2.50 for two or more children). The Jurassic-themed workshops include making dinosaurs, face painting and story telling. Also, to celebrate the charity's Sanctuary from Suffering campaign which launches at the end of February, children are invited to stitch a button onto a new mural - staff believe it will take much of the year to complete.
- 1 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 2 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 3 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 4 Support partnership shows looking after town's library is no 'fools' errand...
- 5 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 6 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 7 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 8 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 9 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 10 Heather Spratt - the unsung hero of the heathland
Donkey grooming and walking sessions will be held from 10.30 am to 12.00 pm and 1.30 pm to 3.00 pm. The grooming and walking sessions cost �2 per person, �1.50 for 2 or more, �5 for a family.
Jan Aherne who has organised these activities said: "We're really looking forward to a welcoming plenty of children to our workshops during half-term. They are really hands-on and will help children learn more about donkeys whilst having great fun!