Hallowe’en threat sparks alarm
A TIPTON St John resident has been left alarmed by a threatening Hallowe’en incident.
The older woman, who does not wish to be named, was visited by a pair of trick or treaters on Sunday.
Described as two young boys, they knocked on the door the householder couldn’t get to the door quick enough and by the time she got there, the pair had gone.
They had posted through the letter box a crumpled piece of note paper stating: “Watch out, we will kill you.”
A friend of the resident, who also wished to remain anonymous, said: “I would’ve been frightened if it had happened to me. I don’t know if anyone else was targeted, it’s even worse to think that my friend might’ve been singled out. I don’t know what else is going to happen, with bonfire night coming up.”
Any incidents of anti-social behaviour can be reported to the police on 08452 777 444.
- 1 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 Property of the Week: The Square, Branscombe
- 4 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 5 Major firefighting operation tackles blazing barn in Whimple
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 7 Top six big books of the year to enjoy this winter
- 8 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Tips on managing your utility bills this winter
- 10 Rugby Round-Up from the East Devon region