Hallowe’en threat sparks alarm
A TIPTON St John resident has been left alarmed by a threatening Hallowe’en incident.
The older woman, who does not wish to be named, was visited by a pair of trick or treaters on Sunday.
Described as two young boys, they knocked on the door the householder couldn’t get to the door quick enough and by the time she got there, the pair had gone.
They had posted through the letter box a crumpled piece of note paper stating: “Watch out, we will kill you.”
A friend of the resident, who also wished to remain anonymous, said: “I would’ve been frightened if it had happened to me. I don’t know if anyone else was targeted, it’s even worse to think that my friend might’ve been singled out. I don’t know what else is going to happen, with bonfire night coming up.”
You may also want to watch:
Any incidents of anti-social behaviour can be reported to the police on 08452 777 444.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 10 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd