Halloween at The Donkey Sanctuary
- Credit: Matt Austin
Pumpkins, bats and trick-or-treat trail in the run-up to Halloween
A trick-or-treat trail is among the Halloween activities on offer at The Donkey Sanctuary.
There is also pumpkin carving for children, and what better time of year to visit the Bat Beacon in the creepy Nature Centre in the woods?
The trick-or-treat trail is themed around what can be given to donkeys as a special treat, and what they should never have. It costs £3 to follow the trail around the sanctuary, and there is a prize for completing it.
The pumpkin carving also costs £3 and of course the pumpkin can be taken home afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
The Bat Beacon is an information hub, all about the different species of bat that use the Sanctuary’s woods, hedges and fields to hunt for insects. All activities run from Saturday, October 20 until Sunday 28; the trails and Bat Beacon are available all day, and the pumpkin carving between 11am and 3pm. For further information visit https://www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk/events/20-10-2018/october-half-term-tricks-and-treats
- 1 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 2 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 3 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 4 Headteacher pays tribute to small school with a huge heart
- 5 Legion's centenary plea for Sidmouth Poppy Appeal volunteers
- 6 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 7 Businesses should be stocking up now for Folk Festival
- 8 Concerns raised over surge in number of unpaid carers
- 9 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 10 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward