Flytippers dump bed and sofa outside Harcombe resident’s home
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth man has been left incensed after flytippers dumped a sofa and bed – among other household waste – outside his home.
James Woollacott ventured outside his house, in Chelson Lane, Harcombe, to discover the large haul of rubbish dumped in front of his driveway on March 18.
The rubbish consisted of a leather two-seater sofa bed, purple suede double bed, a picture of a VW, a wooden table, a carpet and a decorating table.
Mr Woollacott, who lives down an isolated farm track, said: “I’d feel angry and frustrated if someone innocently paid for the disposal. None of the items are even chargeable at the recycling centre.”
Mr Woollacott may be forced to take the rubbish to the tip himself, and is hoping people may notice the items dumped outside of his house, so he can trace the original owners.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw anything can email the Herald on firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday