Flytippers dump bed and sofa outside Harcombe resident’s home
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth man has been left incensed after flytippers dumped a sofa and bed – among other household waste – outside his home.
James Woollacott ventured outside his house, in Chelson Lane, Harcombe, to discover the large haul of rubbish dumped in front of his driveway on March 18.
The rubbish consisted of a leather two-seater sofa bed, purple suede double bed, a picture of a VW, a wooden table, a carpet and a decorating table.
Mr Woollacott, who lives down an isolated farm track, said: “I’d feel angry and frustrated if someone innocently paid for the disposal. None of the items are even chargeable at the recycling centre.”
Mr Woollacott may be forced to take the rubbish to the tip himself, and is hoping people may notice the items dumped outside of his house, so he can trace the original owners.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw anything can email the Herald on email@example.com
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start