Expert gives talk on sharks at Kennaway House, Sidmouth
- Credit: Mark Taylor Hutchinson
Mark Taylor Hutchinson is a wildlife photojournalist with a passion for diving and photographing sharks
The wildlife photojournalist Mark Taylor Hutchinson, whose main passion is shark photography, is giving a talk at Kennaway House on Friday, 24 May.
Mark will be talking about his experiences diving among sharks and photographing them.
He started his photography career underwater, before extending it to dry land. "Of course photographing underwater means other factors and variables added to the mix," he said. "But this is what makes it so exciting and interesting. Good buoyancy control is key and you learn fast that chasing fish never works!"
Mark now produces stunning paintings based on his personal encounters with wildlife, and this has given his photography added purpose. The ocean has always been central to his life and provides endless inspiration for creativity.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open for "Meet the Artist and Diver" at 7pm for a 7:30 pm start.
Tickets are £13 (to include a glass of wine) and 20% of the proceeds from ticket sales is going to the Shark Trust, to aid global shark protection.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of