Harpford Flower Festival at village church
- Credit: Contributed
Village flower arrangement exhibition is considered the best in east Devon
The beautiful 13th-century church at Harpford will be bedecked with summer flowers this weekend (Friday July 27 until Sunday 29).
The fourth biennial Festival of Flowers is considered the largest and best of its kind in east Devon, with big window displays in the ancient building.
The church warden Mike Taylor said: “We are now generally considered to stage the best and largest church flower festival in East Devon. All of the twenty or so flower arrangers are highly talented. This year’s large displays will be no exception.
“Admission is free but we hope that the many visitors will show their appreciation of all the creative hard work that has been put in by leaving us a donation which we will put towards our much-needed church Restoration Fund.”
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments and cakes will be available in the Village Hall opposite the church during the flower festival. Enquiries, Mike Taylor 01395 567904.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman