Harriet claims prize for food fest poster
- Credit: Archant
A King’s School pupil will have her artistic talent exhibited around Ottery St Mary after she won a competition to design a poster for this summer’s Food and Families Festival.
Thirteen-year-old Harriet Godfrey’s vibrant design was chosen from more than 60 entries by year eight pupils, who were tasked with basing their work on the style of Turner Prize-winning painter Chris Ofili.
Head of art at King’s, Mrs Swallow said: “The children threw themselves into the competition and the results were incredibly inventive and colourful.”
Harriet said the inspiration behind her winning design was the idea of nature, which reflects the festival’s aims of local, ethical and sustainable produce.
Her work will soon be on display throughout the town and online.
You may also want to watch:
Last year’s event attracted more than 3,000 foodies to the town - and 2014’s festival, which is set to take place on June 13-14, promises to be bigger and better.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 7 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
- 8 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 9 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth