Harriet claims prize for food fest poster
- Credit: Archant
A King’s School pupil will have her artistic talent exhibited around Ottery St Mary after she won a competition to design a poster for this summer’s Food and Families Festival.
Thirteen-year-old Harriet Godfrey’s vibrant design was chosen from more than 60 entries by year eight pupils, who were tasked with basing their work on the style of Turner Prize-winning painter Chris Ofili.
Head of art at King’s, Mrs Swallow said: “The children threw themselves into the competition and the results were incredibly inventive and colourful.”
Harriet said the inspiration behind her winning design was the idea of nature, which reflects the festival’s aims of local, ethical and sustainable produce.
Her work will soon be on display throughout the town and online.
You may also want to watch:
Last year’s event attracted more than 3,000 foodies to the town - and 2014’s festival, which is set to take place on June 13-14, promises to be bigger and better.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future