Harry completes Book Track and embarks on new reading quest
- Credit: Ottery Library
A keen seven-year-old reader has been congratulated by Ottery St Mary Library for completing the Book Track challenge.
Harry reached the 100-book target and said it had been fun, not a chore: "I really enjoy reading books and I spend some of my day reading and playing as I really like stories."
One of his favourites that he read during the challenge was Jungledrop by Abi Elphingstone, a story of magic and adventure.
Harry has now signed up to a new reading challenge being run by Devon’s libraries called The Secret Book Quest, for children aged five and over.
It involves reading 50 books and collecting a sticker for each one. When they have all the stickers, they will be equipped to decipher a code to complete the challenge, and receive a certificate and a prize.
The current Secret Book Quest runs until April 13 and the winners will be entered into a draw for a bigger prize. There will be further challenges and chances to win prizes later in the year.
- 1 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 2 School steps up safety at road crossing areas
- 3 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth
- 4 Fire training exercise at Newton Poppleford
- 5 New police station will help address challenges in keeping residents safe
- 6 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 7 Cash grant offer to Sidmouth youth support groups
- 8 Exeter vaccine centre at Greendale will remain open
- 9 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?