Have a blow with Ottery Silver Band and other news
There is an open invitation to come and ‘have a blow’ with the Ottery St Mary Silver Band at The Institute on Saturday, April 21. Read this and more.
MARKET: There will be a plant sale at this month’s Ottery’s Community Market in the Institute on Saturday, March 31, from 9.30am until 12.30pm. As well as local food produce, gifts and jewellery, and a caf� run by the WI, Jill Dixon from Sustainable Ottery promised a ‘plethora of plants’.
SILVER BAND: There is an open invitation to come and ‘have a blow’ with the Ottery St Mary Silver Band at The Institute on Saturday, April 21. People are invited to drop in at any time between 10am to 12.30pm for the group’s coffe morning, and the band say it doesn’t matter if you have never played before, you will still be welcome to try out an instrument. For more information call Brian Baker on 01404 814502
CONCERT: The Oriel Singers, Gloucestershire’s leading amateur chamber choir, are coming to sing at Ottery St Mary Parish Church. The former winners of the BBC Radio 3 Choir of the Year competition will be in town on Friday, April 13 at 7.30pm. Tickets cost �5 and include a glass of wine. The concert is helping to raise funds for Friends of The Parish Church. Contact 01404 813964 for tickets
- 1 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Welcome boost for road safety and a milestone for club
- 5 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 6 Ottery St Mary rings in the festivities
- 7 Perfect storm has created a housing crisis that needs fixing
- 8 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 10 Town keeps alive the generous tradition inspired by Betty
LUNCH: To raise money for Christian aid there will be a Soups and Puds lunch in Ottery Parish Church on Friday, March 30. Starting at noon in the Dorset Aisle, it is part of a national fundraising drive called Let’s Bowl Over Poverty. Contact 01404 812062 for more details.
EASTER: Ottery St Mary Bowls Club us holding and Easter Fayre at the Institute on Saturday, April 7. There will be hot cross buns for sale, a range of craft, book and cake stalls from 10 am to noon. There are still table tops for hire at �5, call 01404 814650 to book.
CAKES: To raise money for Ottery Carnival Club there is a cake stall and prize draw tomorrow morning in The Volunteer Inn, from 9am to 1pm.
NEARLY-NEW SALE: Coleridge Pre-school Playgroup is holding a Nearly New Sale on Saturday, March 31 from 10.30am to 12.30pm. The group is looking for sellers who would like to get rid of their quality, clean children’s clothing, toys and books or nursery equipment, and make some cash just before the Easter Holidays. For more details on selling please contact Nikki or Sam on 01404 812663, and there will be a �1 entry fee.