Have a flutter at a charity race night for Sid Valley HELP
- Credit: Archant
Have a flutter at a charity race night and support a dream to bring all of the area’s voluntary services under one umbrella.
Sid Valley HELP, which aims to fill in the gaps in the health sector, needs to raise £60,000 by April. The Race Night will be held at All Saints Church Hall, on Saturday, October 20, from 6.30pm until 10pm.
Tickets are £12 and include a curry supper, but bring your own drink.
Di Fuller, chairman of Sid Valley HELP said: “We hope that the Race Night will be a lot of fun and a good fundraiser. Come along and bring loads of friends.”
There are eight races, each with eight horses running. Companies and groups can sponsor a race for £25 and advertise on the race cards, or anyone can buy a horse for £5 which would increase their return if the horse wins.
You may also want to watch:
Call 07786 816890 or 07970 814568 for details or visit sidvalleyhelp.org.uk or pop into the Leigh Brown Room, at Unitarian Church on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10am and noon.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman