Have you missed a hospital appointment? We want to hear from you.
- Credit: Archant
‘Get in touch if you’ve missed a hospital appointment’
Around one in 10 hospital appointments are missed every year in England, leading to wasted NHS resources.
The cost to the NHS of unused check-ups was estimated at £225million in 2012-13 and they result in worse patient care, inefficient use of hospital staff and increased waiting times.
A Herald investigation is looking at the price our local hospitals pay for missed appointments and which are the worst affected.
We would love to hear from readers about the reasons why patients fail to attend appointments. Did a letter get lost in the post? Was there an administrative error that left you fuming? Did your car break down? Or were there other genuine reasons why you, or a relative, simply could not get to the hospital?
You may also want to watch:
To discuss your story, contact reporter Beth Sharp by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01392 888503.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 6 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead