Have your say on parish plan
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Residents in Newton Poppleford and Harpford are being asked for their input into a £7,000 scheme aimed at shaping the future of the parish.
Work is under way on a Neighbourhood Plan for the two villages, which will serve as a blueprint for development in the area.
The project is being led by a group of residents and supported by the parish council - but in order to take the plan forward, villagers are being asked to lend a hand.
Emma Coppell, chairman of the parish’s Neighbourhood Plan committee, said: “We need volunteers who want to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in, but we also need the community to let us know what they think.
“If the community doesn’t use its voice now, we may be stuck with outcomes that have been decided for us rather than by us.
You may also want to watch:
“Whether you want to take a formal role, attend the odd meeting, or provide feedback, via our Facebook page or via email, we want to hear from you.”
The completed document will act as planning policy for the parish, compiling local views on where new development should be located. District council planning bosses and decision-makers will be legally obliged to take the finished document into account when considering future applications.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Yellow weather warning for Devon
- 8 Let's have a jab at the protection racket as Covid debate continues
- 9 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
It would also enable the community to have an input on the style of new homes that are built, as well as dictating where new parks and public areas should go.
The next meeting of the Neighbourhood Plan group takes place on Monday (February 16).
For more information on how to get involved with the plan, or if you wish to attend Monday’s meeting, contact David Zirker, who will confirm the venue of the talks, on 01395 567430 or email email@example.com.