Have your say on proposals for Sidmouth’s Port Royal
- Credit: Archant
Residents are being invited to have their say on Port Royal later at two consultation events today (Monday) and tomorrow.
A concept idea has been developed by consultants as part of a scoping study to assess the feasibility to redevelop the area.
The consultation events will run from 3pm to 8pm at Kennaway House.
Sidmouth Town Council and East Devon District Council are major landowners of the site and have been working to identify the boundaries, ownership and needs of existing occupants as part of the study.
Councillor Jeff Turner, who chairs the Port Royal reference group, said: “Everyone agrees that Port Royal is important to the town’s residents and to its tourist business.
You may also want to watch:
“The area, including the Ham, provides vital community and recreational space for townspeople and visitors alike, and is widely regarded as the main priority for improvement if Sidmouth is to realise the full potential of its seafront, which is one of the finest on the south coast.”
Residents will have until Monday, July 31, to fill in a consultation questionnaire on the day or online.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 4 Peninsula League season could be over
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
Consultants will then consider the feedback and make a set of recommendations, expected to be considered by the town and district council later in the year.