Have your say on proposals for Sidmouth’s Port Royal
- Credit: Archant
Residents are being invited to have their say on Port Royal later at two consultation events today (Monday) and tomorrow.
A concept idea has been developed by consultants as part of a scoping study to assess the feasibility to redevelop the area.
The consultation events will run from 3pm to 8pm at Kennaway House.
Sidmouth Town Council and East Devon District Council are major landowners of the site and have been working to identify the boundaries, ownership and needs of existing occupants as part of the study.
Councillor Jeff Turner, who chairs the Port Royal reference group, said: “Everyone agrees that Port Royal is important to the town’s residents and to its tourist business.
You may also want to watch:
“The area, including the Ham, provides vital community and recreational space for townspeople and visitors alike, and is widely regarded as the main priority for improvement if Sidmouth is to realise the full potential of its seafront, which is one of the finest on the south coast.”
Residents will have until Monday, July 31, to fill in a consultation questionnaire on the day or online.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
Consultants will then consider the feedback and make a set of recommendations, expected to be considered by the town and district council later in the year.