Having a ball for charity near Honiton
- Credit: Archant
There’s a chance to get dressed up for The Wedding Wishing Well Foundation’s third annual ball.
The Wedding Wishing Well Foundation will be hosting its annual ball at the Deer Park Hotel in April.
The aim of the event is to raise money to help fund and organise weddings for terminally ill people.
Despite having to battle a terminal illness herself, Sidmouth-born Naomi Thomas set up the charity to help those with terminal illnesses have their dream wedding.
Frances Keene, who is helping to organise the event, said: “Naomi found out she had secondary breast cancer just six days after giving birth to their son. Naomi and Graham, her husband, work really hard for this amazing charity and it was such a honour to be asked to work in their wedding boutique, which is in Marsh Barton trading estate Exeter, where we sell donated wedding dresses to help fund the charity.”
You may also want to watch:
The ball will take place on Friday, April 13, from 6pm to 1am, with tickets costing £45 to include a drink on arrival and three-course meal.
There will be a photo booth, casino, raffle and disco, as well as an auction with Graham Barton from Homes Under the Hammer carrying out the auctioneering. Donations of auction lots and raffle prizes would be welcomed.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
The dress code is black tie and posh frocks. Tickets can be bought through Facebook or ring Steve Keene on 07976 200 520 during normal working hours.