Headlight youth programme set to start up in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Young people in the Sid Valley will soon have a new source of support for mental health problems, thanks to the ‘amazing’ response to a fundraising appeal.
The Headlight youth programme, already running in Ottery St Mary and Axminster, is set to open in Sidmouth in April.
The scheme is run by Action East Devon and provides friendly, informal, non-clinical support for emotional and mental health issues.
In November the Wellbeing and Health Action Team (WHAT) appealed for £10,000 to enable Action East Devon to run Headlight in Sidmouth for a year.
In response, Sidmouth Parish Church raised more than £6,000.
You may also want to watch:
Further donations came from Sidmouth Primary School, Sidmouth College, the town council, the Norman Family Trust, councillor Stuart Hughes's locality budget, and individuals, some of whom were anonymous.
Di Fuller, from WHAT, said: "The Sidmouth community was amazing."
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 10 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
"Thanks to this generous support, we now have well over the amount of money that we need."