Headteacher gets wed
THE headteacher of Payhembury Church of England Primary School has got married.
Penny Carvill became Penny Hammett on December 11 when she married Mark Hammett in the village church of St Mary the Virgin, part of the Otter Vale team ministry.
The school has been judged good and outstanding in Ofsted and Statutory Inspection of Anglican Schools inspections under the guidance of Mrs Hammett.
It played an important part on the special day, as the service was conducted by the chairman of governors, the Rev Cate Edmonds, and the children formed a surprise choir to sing Mrs Hammett’s favourite song.
Children lined the steps of the church waving flags and blowing bubbles as the happy couple left. At the bottom of the steps parents served mulled wine and mince pies with the sound of the church bells ringing out, before the wedding party departed for a reception in the parish hall.
You may also want to watch:
Demonstrating Mrs Hammett’s dedication to duty, she returned to school on the Monday morning. She said: “I wanted to share with the children the most wonderful day of my life.”
Rev Edmonds said: “The day was enjoyed by so many people and truly was an outstanding day for an outstanding teacher.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival