Healthy Neighbourhoods scheme comes to Sidmouth
Good neighbours are being encouraged to become good friends in a scheme with Big Lottery funding.
Healthy Neighbourhoods is inviting residents to an open day at Sidmouth Library to find out more about joining as a volunteer.
Project manager Sarah Forde said: “Opportunities include supporting a person to return home from hospital, including making their home ready, turning the heating on, picking up essential items from the shop and having a cooked meal ready for them.
“They can also support with practical help and befriending, such as having a cuppa and chat with a person in their home.
“Volunteers can get involved at a level to suit them, and give as much time as they are able to.
You may also want to watch:
“Free training is provided, including a comprehensive induction programme with continued support to help all volunteers.
“Agreed out-of-pocket expenses will also be paid.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 7 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 8 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 9 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
The open day will begin at 10am and run until noon on Wednesday (February 1).
For more information on Healthy Neighbourhoods, call 01392 824752.