Healthy Neighbourhoods scheme comes to Sidmouth
Good neighbours are being encouraged to become good friends in a scheme with Big Lottery funding.
Healthy Neighbourhoods is inviting residents to an open day at Sidmouth Library to find out more about joining as a volunteer.
Project manager Sarah Forde said: “Opportunities include supporting a person to return home from hospital, including making their home ready, turning the heating on, picking up essential items from the shop and having a cooked meal ready for them.
“They can also support with practical help and befriending, such as having a cuppa and chat with a person in their home.
“Volunteers can get involved at a level to suit them, and give as much time as they are able to.
“Free training is provided, including a comprehensive induction programme with continued support to help all volunteers.
“Agreed out-of-pocket expenses will also be paid.”
- 1 Lifeguards return to Sidmouth beach
- 2 Service veterans 'crowdfund' to buy Queen's Colours flag for Sidmouth
- 3 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 4 Injured coast path walker airlifted to hospital
- 5 Neil Parish wont stand in Honiton and Tiverton by-election
- 6 Ceremony launches installation of defibrillator at Ottery Cricket Club
- 7 Property of the Week: Overthorpe, Cliff Road, Sidmouth
- 8 Comedy and horror at Sidbury Manor in film being released next month
- 9 Sidmouth Rugby Club awards ceremony
- 10 Ottery St Mary gearing up for Queens jubilations
The open day will begin at 10am and run until noon on Wednesday (February 1).
For more information on Healthy Neighbourhoods, call 01392 824752.