Healthy Neighbourhoods scheme comes to Sidmouth
Good neighbours are being encouraged to become good friends in a scheme with Big Lottery funding.
Healthy Neighbourhoods is inviting residents to an open day at Sidmouth Library to find out more about joining as a volunteer.
Project manager Sarah Forde said: “Opportunities include supporting a person to return home from hospital, including making their home ready, turning the heating on, picking up essential items from the shop and having a cooked meal ready for them.
“They can also support with practical help and befriending, such as having a cuppa and chat with a person in their home.
“Volunteers can get involved at a level to suit them, and give as much time as they are able to.
You may also want to watch:
“Free training is provided, including a comprehensive induction programme with continued support to help all volunteers.
“Agreed out-of-pocket expenses will also be paid.”
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
The open day will begin at 10am and run until noon on Wednesday (February 1).
For more information on Healthy Neighbourhoods, call 01392 824752.