Healthy Neighbourhoods scheme comes to Sidmouth
Good neighbours are being encouraged to become good friends in a scheme with Big Lottery funding.
Healthy Neighbourhoods is inviting residents to an open day at Sidmouth Library to find out more about joining as a volunteer.
Project manager Sarah Forde said: “Opportunities include supporting a person to return home from hospital, including making their home ready, turning the heating on, picking up essential items from the shop and having a cooked meal ready for them.
“They can also support with practical help and befriending, such as having a cuppa and chat with a person in their home.
“Volunteers can get involved at a level to suit them, and give as much time as they are able to.
You may also want to watch:
“Free training is provided, including a comprehensive induction programme with continued support to help all volunteers.
“Agreed out-of-pocket expenses will also be paid.”
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 August celebrations at Manstone Lane – Home of the Vikings
- 3 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 4 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 5 Return to online meetings thanks to progressive alliance
- 6 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 7 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 8 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 9 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 10 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
The open day will begin at 10am and run until noon on Wednesday (February 1).
For more information on Healthy Neighbourhoods, call 01392 824752.