Hearts art at Sidmouth’s Brown’s Bistro
In the Picture art group has three months to show of talent at Sidmouth restaurant
ARTISTS from Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary are exhibiting work at a Sidmouth bistro until the end of March.
Yesterday the group, known as In the Picture, swapped a series of oil, watercolours and drawings of local scenes for heart designs to coincide with Valentine’s Day, at Brown’s Bistro, Fore Street.
Trudi Longmire, a local art teacher, is organising the exhibition and said: “Sue Turner, one of Brown’s partners, has given us three months, until the end of March, to exhibit our work there and we change the exhibition fortnightly.
“These new paintings are of hearts, with artists creating their own design. Some are framed and some are mounted.”
You may also want to watch:
She said some 60-70 people, most members of either Sidmouth or Ottery St Mary Society of Artists, had come together to exhibit under one name and sell their work.
A day-long exhibition will be staged by members at Kennaway House, Sidmouth, on Saturday, March 26, in aid of charity.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 9 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 10 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club