Hearts art at Sidmouth’s Brown’s Bistro
In the Picture art group has three months to show of talent at Sidmouth restaurant
ARTISTS from Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary are exhibiting work at a Sidmouth bistro until the end of March.
Yesterday the group, known as In the Picture, swapped a series of oil, watercolours and drawings of local scenes for heart designs to coincide with Valentine’s Day, at Brown’s Bistro, Fore Street.
Trudi Longmire, a local art teacher, is organising the exhibition and said: “Sue Turner, one of Brown’s partners, has given us three months, until the end of March, to exhibit our work there and we change the exhibition fortnightly.
“These new paintings are of hearts, with artists creating their own design. Some are framed and some are mounted.”
You may also want to watch:
She said some 60-70 people, most members of either Sidmouth or Ottery St Mary Society of Artists, had come together to exhibit under one name and sell their work.
A day-long exhibition will be staged by members at Kennaway House, Sidmouth, on Saturday, March 26, in aid of charity.
- 1 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 2 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 3 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 9 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park