Hearts art at Sidmouth’s Brown’s Bistro
In the Picture art group has three months to show of talent at Sidmouth restaurant
ARTISTS from Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary are exhibiting work at a Sidmouth bistro until the end of March.
Yesterday the group, known as In the Picture, swapped a series of oil, watercolours and drawings of local scenes for heart designs to coincide with Valentine’s Day, at Brown’s Bistro, Fore Street.
Trudi Longmire, a local art teacher, is organising the exhibition and said: “Sue Turner, one of Brown’s partners, has given us three months, until the end of March, to exhibit our work there and we change the exhibition fortnightly.
“These new paintings are of hearts, with artists creating their own design. Some are framed and some are mounted.”
You may also want to watch:
She said some 60-70 people, most members of either Sidmouth or Ottery St Mary Society of Artists, had come together to exhibit under one name and sell their work.
A day-long exhibition will be staged by members at Kennaway House, Sidmouth, on Saturday, March 26, in aid of charity.
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 7 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 8 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary