Roads blocked due to flooding in Ottery
- Credit: Archant
Roads are blocked due to flooding in Ottery St Mary.
Ottery St Mary Police have tweeted for motorists to avoid the town 'at the moment' due to the flash flooding.
Residents have warned about cars driving through flood water outside of the Old Factory and Victoria Terrace.
Others have raised concerns about routes from Patterson Cross to Butts Road beginning to flood.
Councillor Dean Stewart said flood gauge warnings are being triggered by the amount of rainfall and people are already reporting flooding by the old factory and other places.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "Take care and do not take any risks. If there is any danger to life call 999 immediately."
Mill Street is blocked in both directions between Strawberry Lane and Millcroft due to flooding.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 6 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead