Help needed to identify source of contamination in Sidmouth stream
- Credit: Archant
Environment Agency officers are investigating the source of contamination in a stream that runs straight onto Sidmouth beach.
Teams were in the town this morning attempting to identify the cause of pollution that they say could be adversely affecting bathing water quality.
Officers are now appealing to members of the public to help identify wipes that have been found in the stream which they believe may be related to the contamination.
An Environment Agency spokesperson said: “We are doing some investigative work at Sidmouth to identify the source of contamination in a stream that discharges to the beach.
“The stream could be adversely affecting bathing water quality. The stream seems to regularly contain what appear to be wipes attached which may be related to the contamination.
You may also want to watch:
“We have posted on social media to see if anyone has an idea of what the wipes could be.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon