Help sought for Brownies and Guides and more news
Volunteers are being sought to help with Brownies and Guides. Read this and more news.
PENSIONS: A stock market crash and its affect on pensions has seen a Sidmouth and Ottery based law firm appoint a specialist financial advisor. Gilbert Stephens bosses made the move after a strong demand from clients. Elizabeth Andrews, a chartered financial planner, will be based at the firm’s High Street premises in Sidmouth every Friday afternoon and at its Broad Street office in Ottery on Friday mornings.
PIPS: The Apple Pips Toddler Group meets in Sidmouth every Monday morning from 9am to 10.30am in Manstone Avenue.
You may also want to watch:
BROWNIES AND GUIDES: Volunteers are being sought to help with Brownies and Guides in the Sidmouth area. Anyone with a few hours to spare can contact Karen on (01395) 579390.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 4 Peninsula League season could be over
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
HEART HELP: When you give to charity you don’t expect to receive a gift back, but that is what Devon Whittard of Chelsea plans to those donating good quality bric-a-brac to Sidmouth’s British Heart Foundation shop this month.
The Sidmouth shop is one of six Devon BHF stores to participate in the offer, which will give a 20 percent off voucher to spend in any Whittard of Chelsea store, or online.
Donations such as mugs, plates, vases and teapots are sought as part of a new stock appeal by BHF. More details on the campaign at bhf.org.uk/whittard or call (0844) 412 5000.
BALL POOL: St John’s School Nursery, Sidmouth, has welcomed several new children this term and it is thought likely that the generous donation of a Ball Pool from its PTFA is in no small way responsible.
Such is the success of the activity, teachers are secretly hoping the PTFA may now dig a little deeper into their pockets and buy one for the staff too!