Herald Sharks to make splash in Sidmouth Swimathon
Editorial staff take to the water to help boost Sidmouth Living With Cancer mini-bus appeal
EDITORIAL staff from Archant South West, which owns the Sidmouth Herald, are to make a splash for charity.
The Herald Sharks, comprising Belinda Bennett, Diana Bowerman, Ellen Cook, Stefan Gordon, Katy Griffin and Kingsley Squire, aim to swim as many lengths of Sidmouth Swimming Pool as possible as the Herald Sharks - to raise money for Sidmouth Living With Cancer Support Group.
The group’s minibus appeal is this year’s Sidmouth Herald campaign, so staff decided to take part in this year’s Rotary Swimathon, organised by the Rotary Club of Sidmouth.
Swimmers will take to the water at the end of next month and are keen to attract sponsorship.
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to sponsor the Herald team, visit Kennaway House, Sidmouth, on Monday, 9am-5pm or Friday mornings until 1pm, or Honiton Tourist Information Centre on Wednesday or Thursday.
Teams of five or more are invited to apply for entry forms from David Raistrick on (01395) 519183 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 10 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
Entrants must live in East Devon.
Closing date for completed entries is Friday, October 8 and the Swimathon will take place at Sidmouth Swimming Pool between 4pm and 9pm on Saturday, October 30.