Herald Sharks to make splash in Sidmouth Swimathon
Editorial staff take to the water to help boost Sidmouth Living With Cancer mini-bus appeal
EDITORIAL staff from Archant South West, which owns the Sidmouth Herald, are to make a splash for charity.
The Herald Sharks, comprising Belinda Bennett, Diana Bowerman, Ellen Cook, Stefan Gordon, Katy Griffin and Kingsley Squire, aim to swim as many lengths of Sidmouth Swimming Pool as possible as the Herald Sharks - to raise money for Sidmouth Living With Cancer Support Group.
The group’s minibus appeal is this year’s Sidmouth Herald campaign, so staff decided to take part in this year’s Rotary Swimathon, organised by the Rotary Club of Sidmouth.
Swimmers will take to the water at the end of next month and are keen to attract sponsorship.
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to sponsor the Herald team, visit Kennaway House, Sidmouth, on Monday, 9am-5pm or Friday mornings until 1pm, or Honiton Tourist Information Centre on Wednesday or Thursday.
Teams of five or more are invited to apply for entry forms from David Raistrick on (01395) 519183 or email email@example.com.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 4 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
Entrants must live in East Devon.
Closing date for completed entries is Friday, October 8 and the Swimathon will take place at Sidmouth Swimming Pool between 4pm and 9pm on Saturday, October 30.