Herald Sharks to make splash in Sidmouth Swimathon
Editorial staff take to the water to help boost Sidmouth Living With Cancer mini-bus appeal
EDITORIAL staff from Archant South West, which owns the Sidmouth Herald, are to make a splash for charity.
The Herald Sharks, comprising Belinda Bennett, Diana Bowerman, Ellen Cook, Stefan Gordon, Katy Griffin and Kingsley Squire, aim to swim as many lengths of Sidmouth Swimming Pool as possible as the Herald Sharks - to raise money for Sidmouth Living With Cancer Support Group.
The group’s minibus appeal is this year’s Sidmouth Herald campaign, so staff decided to take part in this year’s Rotary Swimathon, organised by the Rotary Club of Sidmouth.
Swimmers will take to the water at the end of next month and are keen to attract sponsorship.
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to sponsor the Herald team, visit Kennaway House, Sidmouth, on Monday, 9am-5pm or Friday mornings until 1pm, or Honiton Tourist Information Centre on Wednesday or Thursday.
Teams of five or more are invited to apply for entry forms from David Raistrick on (01395) 519183 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Entrants must live in East Devon.
Closing date for completed entries is Friday, October 8 and the Swimathon will take place at Sidmouth Swimming Pool between 4pm and 9pm on Saturday, October 30.