Hidden features unearthed by storms
- Credit: Archant
HIDDEN features unearthed by winter storms have led a Sidmouth photographer to ask residents to help her delve into the seafront’s past.
Eve Mathews, a regular contributor to the Herald, was enjoying a walk at low tide when she noticed an unusual sight at Jacob’s Ladder.
“The sand has been stripped away revealing features that I have not seen before,” she said.
“There was a section of heavy timber ‘sleepers’ still attached to each other, and several lengths of metal ‘rails’.
“Nearby were two sets of double lines of posts, running seawards.
You may also want to watch:
“Was there ever some form of jetty in this area? Perhaps Herald readers can help.”
If you can shed light on the history of the western seafront, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 7 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
- 10 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members