Hirst sketch up for auction
- Credit: Archant
AN impromptu sketch by Damien Hirst will go under the hammer in Ottery St Mary next week.
The world-renowned artist gifted the piece to a housekeeper at Chanters Lodge when it was a bed and breakfast as a thank-you after he stayed there after enjoying the Tar Barrels in 2001.
The piece is to be sold at Ottery Auction Rooms on Thursday (January 16) after its owner, who wants to remain anonymous, decided to sell it.
A guide price of £600 - £800 has been estimated for the drawing.
Auction house owner David Sumner said it is one of the most exciting lots the business has come across since it opened last year.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve gone from an idea to selling a Damien Hirst in nine months,” he added.
“We’ve already had huge interest.”
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend