Historical talk in Ottery and other news
Ottery St Mary Heritage Society will hear about Cadhay’s past. Read this and more.
CHURCH CONCERT: Ottery St Mary Parish Church is hosting a ‘reflection of words and music from throughout the Church year’ on Saturday, July 14. Under the direction of Judith Reynolds there will be music by Stanford, Wesley, Rutter and others, with organist Michael Farley, choristers and other musicians performing. It starts at 7pm, and cost �5 for adults and �2 for children and those in full-time education, and are available from Ottery St Mary Tourist Information Centre on 01404 813964.
FALCONRY: Escot Park launched its summer event season with an evening of horseback falconry and jousting last weekend. Opened by singer Elkie Brooks, Jonathan Marshall, Escot’s resident falconer, then put on a display of his skills. There will now be horseback falconry and jousting shows every Thursday throughout the summer from 7pm to 9pm, costing �6 for adults and �5 for children. Call 01404 822188 or visit www.escot-devon.co.uk.
You may also want to watch:
HERITAGE: Ottery St Mary Heritage Society’s next talk will be on Tuesday, July 17, at 7.3opm in The Institute, Yonder Street. The speaker will be Michael Pash, who will discuss the history of Cadhay.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 7 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
- 10 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members