Ho, ho, ho! Here’s where you can see Father Christmas this month
- Credit: Archant
Santa Claus is back on his sleigh and there are plenty of chances to meet him around the Sid Valley in the run-up to Christmas, thanks to the Lions Club of Sidmouth.
Today (Friday), he will start in Betjeman Close (all roads), then go on to Penrose Place, to Baker Close and all roads on Stowford, then back to Woolbrook Road and, if time permits, Barn Hayes, Core Hill Road and Woolbrook Mead.
On Monday (December 14), Father Christmas will be visiting Sidford and Sidbury.
He will start at 5.30pm in Sid Vale Close, going on to Sidbury’s Greenhead Lane, Furzehill, Burnt Oak and Hillside.
Then the sleigh will head back to Sidford and into Brook Lane, Lower Brook Meadow, Frys Lane and Higher Brook Meadow.
You may also want to watch:
The following day, the man in red will start at 5.30pm in Sidford’s Warrens Mead and go on to Orchard Close, Byes Lane, Drakes Avenue, Fleming Avenue, Lockyer Avenue, South Lawn, Jubilee Gardens and Malden Road.
On Wednesday, he will be at Waitrose from 10am until 4pm, and again on Thursday, before heading to Newton Poppleford.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
- 8 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
Starting at 5.30pm in Otter Reach, Father Christmas will travel up the main road into School Lane, Glebelands, Turner Close, Lower Farthings, Brook Meadow and Meadow Drive estate.
Next Friday (December 18) he will be back at Waitrose from 10am until 4pm, before covering Newton Pop’s west side, from King Alfred Way at 5.30pm.
From there, the festivities will go down Exmouth Road, into Badger Close, Littledown Lane, Littledown Orchard, Exmouth Road, on to Exeter Road.
Santa will pass Woodleys Yard into Burrow Lane, Burrow Close, then Hillside and back towards Burrow and the main road.
From 5.30pm on Monday, December 21, he will be at the Manstone Lane junction, then go up Manstone Lane into Tyrrell Mead, Bramble Close, Coombe Hayes, Summerfield, Newlands Close, Newlands Road and Jubilee Close.
On December 22 – the last day before he heads back to the North Pole ready for Christmas – Santa will start in Lawn Vista at 5.30pm, pass up Peaslands Road, Elm Close, Hill View, Higher Hill View, then up Knapp Hill, back down Peaslands, into Highfield, then Brewery Lane, Vicarage Road and Victoria Road.