Homebirth group welcomes parents
NEW parents can find out more about giving birth at home by attending a new homebirth support group for Exeter and East Devon.
Group meetings offer women and their partners a chance to hear other people’s experiences of homebirth. They take place the second Monday of the month and rotate between Exeter, Honiton and Exmouth. Refreshments are available and, when possible, midwives will attend.
Group coordinators Clare Lowing and Claire Arnold, have had home births.
NCT antenatal teacher Clare said: “Having a home birth is often described as a brave decision. In fact, for a healthy woman with a straightforward and low-risk pregnancy, it is a safe option they can feel confident about choosing.”
NCT offers a range of antenatal and postnatal courses and has more than 300 branches around the UK, run by volunteers, offering breastfeeding support, bumps and babies groups, coffee mornings, nearly new sales and more.
On February 14, at Exmouth Children’s Centre, the homebirth support group will be hosting a meeting about the role of complementary therapies in pregnancy and labour.
Clare said: “We’d like to invite any therapists working with women in pregnancy and labour to join us to give a brief talk and ideally free demonstrations. Anyone interested in homebirth can join us to get informal and friendly support.”
- 1 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 2 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 3 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 4 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 5 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 6 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 7 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 8 Chiefs beaten by a powerful second-half from league leaders
- 9 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 10 Popular art exhibition returns this Christmas
For details of your nearest NCT branch call 0300 330 0770 or visit www.nct.org.uk. For further information about the support group call Clare on 07866217297 or Claire on 07972922261, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.