Water main burst in Newton Poppleford
- Credit: Archant
A burst water main left properties in Newton Poppleford without water for six hours.
South West Water received calls that a water main had burst in Venn Ottery Road, in Newton Poppleford, around 9am on Wednesday (November 20).
Work was carried out to restore water to eight properties by repairing the water main.
A South West Water spokesman said supplies were restored by 3am on Thursday (November 21).
The spokesman added: "We'd like to apologise to those customers affected."
You may also want to watch:
Following the repair, South West Water reported if water was discoloured for residents to run the cold kitchen tap until clear.
This could take up to two hours.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time