Honest Sidmouth shopper thanked for returning purse
A WOMAN, who left her purse in a trolley at Sidmouth s Waitrose store, wants to thank the honest shopper who handed it in.
A WOMAN, who left her purse in a trolley at Sidmouth's Waitrose store, wants to thank the honest shopper who handed it in.
Sheila Lee was half way to her Peaslands Road home last Thursday, after stocking up on shopping, when she realised her purse was still in the trolley she had used.
"I can't really believe I would ever get it back, you think that is it," said Mrs Lee, 77.
"The person who found it didn't leave a name and I would really like to thank them. It is such a relief.
You may also want to watch:
"It had cash in it, although not that much, and my cards, including bank card, diabetic card, library and bus pass. It was just as I'd left it."
The green purse also contained her address sticker, and the store left a message on her answer phone telling her it had been found.
- 1 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 2 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 5 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 6 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 7 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 8 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
Mrs Lee, who cannot understand how she left her purse behind, said: "It must have been found by the next person to use the trolley. It restores your faith in people and I would like to be able to thank them personally if they would like to come forward."
After her worrying experience she added: "From now on I will just take my bank card in my pocket when I go to Waitrose.