Ottery Library to launch Lego club thanks to Honiton Lions donation
- Credit: Archant
Lego enthusiasts of all ages in Ottery will be able to build up their dream creations thanks to a donation from Honiton and District Lions Club.
Lions president Jamie Love presented a cheque of £150 to Ottery St Mary Library to purchase Lego to launch a weekly club from next month.
Starting in September, Lego fans will be able to meet at the Silver Street venue every Friday afternoon, between 3.45pm and 4.45pm.
Mr Love said: “They can buy what they want with it.
“Every penny we make goes to local organisations, charitable cases and needy people that need help, that is what Lions is about.”
You may also want to watch:
Xanthe White, Ottery St Mary library supervisor, said: “The generous donation from the Lions means that the library is now able to go ahead and buy Lego in order to get the club started.
“The library would still be grateful for further donations of any old and unwanted Lego, Duplo or Megabricks.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles